SPARKLING EVENT HIRE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
HIRING OF EQUIPMENT
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that all equipment hired from Sparkling Event Hire (‘SEH’) is kept, stored and maintained in good condition whilst it is in their possession. During the hire period, the hirer is solely responsible for the safe custody of all equipment hired and is advised to have a policy of insurance against all relevant risks.
- If any equipment is lost, stolen or damaged whilst in the possession of the hirer then the hirer shall be responsible for any losses incurred by SEH. Similarly, if any equipment require repairing as a result of the hirer’s negligence or misuse then the hirer shall bear the cost of any repair or replacement of said equipment.
- SEH reserves the right to replace by substitution any goods for suitable alternatives when the actual equipment in question is not available. Wherever possible, the hirer will be consulted by SEH before alternative equipment is provided.
- The hirer agrees to indemnify SEH against any expense, claim, financial loss, claim or proceedings whatsoever or damage or loss of property arising out of the delivery, return, use or non-use of all or part of the equipment provided.
- SEH accepts no responsibility for any injuries or claims arising from the hire of their equipment by the hirer.
- SEH will always try to delivery on times and dates as agreed. However, SEH will not be responsible for any late delivery or collection caused by circumstances beyond their control.
- There is a fee of £10.00 for the delivery and £10.00 for the collection of equipment within a 25 mile radius of SEH in Luton. If you are outside of this area please contact us to discuss your requirements and we will give you a quote.
- In relation to any items purchased outright SEH will expect full payment to be made forthwith together with any delivery costs.
- In relation to any items that are hired SEH will expect a deposit of fifty percent of the hire costs to be made at the time of ordering to secure the items for the relevant hire period. The remainder of the hire costs, together with any delivery and collection costs must be paid no later than seven days before the first day of hire.
- In relation to event planning packages SEH will expect payment in full at the time of ordering.
- Bookings are subject to consumer legislation in force at the relevant time. If the hirer exercises his or her right to cancel SEH will provide the client with a refund. The hirer has fourteen days from entering into the contract with SEH to cancel the said service or goods. If the hirer cancels within seven days before the proposed day of charge then the fifty percent deposit paid for the hire period will be retained by SEH as a cancellation fee.
- If the contract involves a service provided rather than sale of goods or the hire of equipment SEH will not commence with providing you with this service before the fourteen day cancellation period has expired unless the consumer/hirer specifically requests the company to do so. In this instance, the consumer/hirer will still have the right of cancellation but must pay for the value of the service provided up until the point of cancellation. If the full service is provided before the point of cancellation then the right of cancellation is lost.
- In the event of a sale of goods on line, if the goods are faulty (in that they do not comply with Sections 9, 10,11,13 and 14 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015) the consumer has thirty days to request a full refund from receipt of the item. The consumer can also request that the items are repaired or replaced. The refund will include the full costs including postage and return postage costs in the unlikely event that the goods are faulty. It will not include postage costs in any other circumstances.
- If the consumer discovers a product fault within the first six months from delivery they are entitled to ask for the goods to be repaired or replaced. If an attempt to repair or replace the goods fails then the consumer is entitled to reject the goods and receive a full refund or keep the faulty goods and ask for a reasonable price reduction.
- Goods will all be delivered by post together. SEH does not split deliveries. Our standard package and postage costs are £3.99. For large deliveries our costs may be more. We will contact you to discuss this if necessary.
Our suggested cancellation form is set out HERE (Opens in a new window) You do not need to use this form and may use your own form of words.